All bookings require passenger full information such as full name, nationality, passport number, date of birth and place of birth.
You will be provided with a voucher including your confirmation number and payment procedures. The booking will be active for 15 days when the 15% prepayment must be done. The balance due is 30 days prior to arrival date.
• Cancellations made between 60 and 31 days prior to arrival date, 15% penalty will apply.
• Cancellations made between 30 and 16 days prior to arrival date, 50% penalty will apply.
• Cancellations made with 15 days or less prior to arrival date, 100% of total booking will be charged.
Our services and programs are available from September 15th to April 15th each year.
Aerovías DAP regular flight departs from Punta Arenas at 10:00am and takes approximately 1hr and 20 min. Flight back from Puerto Williams departs at 11:30 am.
During high season flights can be scheduled 3 times a day, so prior confirmation is always recommended.
Aerovías DAP allows 10 kilos per person (= 22 lbs), plus a small handbag. Excess baggage is to be paid directly at the airport and the cost is approx. US$ 3 per kilo (to be reconfirmed). Passengers flying with excess baggage are suggested to purchase one additional air-ticket which will allow to fly with 70 kilos extras (= 154 lbs).
Regarding the ferry from/to Ushuaia, the baggage allowance is 15 kilos per person (= 33 lbs).
We suggest each passenger take a health & travel insurance. However, our staff is trained to cope with minor incidents. In the unlikely case of something more serious happens, we will seek for local medical assistance, and passenger must accept the consequences and costs involved. LAKUTAIA LODGE is not responsible for any accident or unexpected event.
• Babies aged up to 1 year and 11months are free of charge. • Children from 2 to 8 years old have a 40% discount of the total cost.
LAKUTAIA LODGE does not count with connected rooms.
LAKUTAIA LODGE has only one room available for disabled guests.
Internet access is ONLY available at the lodge public areas.
We accept the following currencies: Chilean pesos (CLP) and American dollars (USD), as well as the following credit cards: Visa, Mastercard, Diners and American Express.
Front desk and our guide staff speak fluent English and Spanish. Some of them even speak French and German.
• If a scenic over-flight is cancelled due to weather conditions, 90% of the total cost will be reimbursed. • If the navigation to Wulaia Bay is cancelled due to weather conditions, 90% of the total cost will be reimbursed. • Dientes de Navarino Trekking Program will not have reimbursement as guests would stay at the lodge, including meals, lodging. • Any other activity /excursion included in the All – Inclusive Programs that is cancelled due to weather conditions, will not have reimbursement. • Heli Fly-fishing program policies are stated separately. • Being the flight to/from Punta Arenas and/or the navigation to/from Ushuaia purchased through us and is cancelled due to weather conditions, or due to any other major force, 25% discount will apply on lodging rates. Meals will not have discount
We need to know special diet requirements 15 days prior to arrival at the Lodge in order to prepare a suitable menu.
Weather is unpredictable. You may experience the four seasons in a day: passing from strong winds to peaceful calm, a bit of rain and sun in-between; all in just in one day. Our summer season is from December through March; winds are frequently strong and intense sometimes; In December and January you will experience 18 to 19 hours of daylight, and temperatures range from 3°C to 15°C (= 37°F to 50°F).
Most of our excursions are so-called outdoor, so we suggest to wear different layers: thermal under-ware, long sleeve t-shirt, sweater and jacket, gloves and hat covering head, neck and ears. Very important are shoes, which need to be waterproof-grip trekking boots.
Electric current in Chile, as well as in Isla Navarino, is 220v. If your electrical appliance does not run on 220v and 50Hz, you will need a voltage converter.